Cosmetic dentistry has grown in popularity over recent years. More and more people are looking for ways to enhance their teeth and achieve the perfect smile. Here at Forestside Dental Practice, we offer a wide range of cosmetic dentistry services. Like our Zoom Whitening treatment, you can enjoy a brighter smile or remove gaps with composite bonding and achieve a straight, white smile with veneers.
If you are considering cosmetic dentistry, it is important to weigh up the advantages and disadvantages before getting into the dentist's chair. To help you decide if cosmetic dentistry is worth it and whether it is the best option for you, the Forestside experts are here to tell you a little more about this service.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is the term used to describe any dental treatment that has the primary purpose of improving the appearance of a person’s teeth. Where root canal surgery is needed to resolve a tooth decay issue, or fillings are required to fill cavities, cosmetic treatments are performed to enhance smiles aesthetically.
Just like other cosmetic surgeries and treatments, cosmetic dentistry is concerned with improving your appearance. Treatments that fall into this category of dentistry include teeth whitening, veneers, composite bonding, crowns and bridges.
The popularity of straight and white teeth continues to grow, and cosmetic dentistry is helping more people achieve their dream smile.
Types of Cosmetic Dentistry
Just like there is no such thing as the best skincare routine for everyone, the best cosmetic dentistry treatment also varies between individuals. Composite bonding may not be the best option for someone seeking a perfectly straight smile; sometimes, a whitening treatment may be all that is needed to boost the appearance of your teeth. At Forestside, we understand that everyone has a unique smile, and that is why we offer a wide range of cosmetic dentistry treatments.
• Veneers - Made from porcelain, veneers are applied to the front surface of a tooth. This thin layer covers the natural tooth and will never lose its pearly white shine. Veneers improve the shape and size of your teeth and will enhance your smile.
• Crowns - Crowns are used to improve the appearance of decayed or chipped teeth. A crown is fitted onto an existing filed down tooth. Made to blend with your natural teeth, crowns will restore your smile to its former glory and improve the brightness of your grin in the process.
• Composite Bonding - Perfect for anyone looking to remove gaps from their smile, composite bonding is a popular cosmetic dentistry treatment. This procedure involves applying a tasteless resin to existing teeth. Composite bonding is used for smoothing over imperfections, filling in gaps and repairing chipped and damaged teeth.
• Bridges - A popular choice for patients with missing teeth, bridges are made up of three or more artificial teeth. By opting for bridges, you can improve your smile and boost your confidence.
• Teeth whitening - If you are happy with the shape and size of your natural teeth, a whitening treatment can be all that is needed to improve your smile. We offer a Zoom Whitening service here at Forestside. Using the latest technology, our experts provide teeth whitening that can remove even the most stubborn of stains.
Is Cosmetic Dentistry Worth It?
Cosmetic dentistry is the best way to improve the long term appearance of your teeth. If you want to smile with confidence but are self conscious of your teeth, our cosmetic treatments can make a world of difference.
To help you decide if cosmetic dentistry is the right option for you, here are some of the pros and cons…
Advantages of cosmetic dentistry:
- Improved self esteem
- Increased confidence
- A more youthful and attractive smile
- Increased desire to follow a good dental routine, to keep your new smile looking at its best
Disadvantages of cosmetic dentistry:
- Expensive treatments
- Often treatments can’t be reversed if you change your mind
- Treatments may cause teeth sensitivity
Before undertaking any permanent changes to your teeth, it is important to weigh up the pros and cons. Cosmetic dentistry can boost your confidence and self esteem, but these treatments can be expensive. If you are fully invested in improving how you feel about your teeth and smile, then cosmetic dentistry will be worth every penny.
It is important to be aware that some dental treatments can cause tooth sensitivity. For instance, teeth whitening treatments can cause your teeth to become more sensitive to hot and cold temperatures. This side effect can be painful and inconvenient when you are trying to enjoy a meal or drink your morning coffee. There is also a risk of post treatment side effects following procedures that require drilling into healthy tissue. It is not uncommon for people to experience gum recession, bleeding or infection following more invasive cosmetic dentistry treatments.
At Forestside, our skilled dentists offer a professional cosmetic service. We work hard to ensure all of our customers receive the best possible care from start to finish and leave our practice with the smile of their dreams. We offer high quality aftercare, ensuring any post-treatment issues are resolved as soon as possible.
Enhance Your Smile with Forestside Dental Practice
If you want to boost your confidence and enhance your smile, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our leading practice. We are proud to create dream smiles.
You can get in touch with our knowledgeable team today by filling out our online contact form or calling 023 8087 9088. You can also use our online booking form to make an appointment or book a consultation to find the best cosmetic treatment for your needs today. We look forward to transforming your smile soon.